Fabricates sheet metal components that are required in the production of equipment that is utilized in the air filtration industry.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and drill presses.
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend and straighten metal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade school preferred
- Above average reading comprehensive, writing and oral communication skills
- Computer skills and telephone etiquette are essential
- Technical math
- Strong reasoning ability
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must possess good hand/eye coordination, along with good visual acuity
- Capable of reading and performing standard shop math
- Reading a measuring tape to within 1/32 of an inch
- Convert decimals into fractions with the use of a calculator
- Able to distinguish types of metals that are used on a daily bases and determine gauge thickness
- Capable of operating common fabricating equipment such as a shear, punch press, press brake, etc
Location: Washington, NC